VASCULAR ULTRASOUND SCREENING - $100.00
Screenings for Aneurysm, Stroke and Vascular Disease
Do you know your risk for vascular disease? Early detection of vascular disease is a key part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We offer three types of vascular screenings to help detect vascular disease. They include:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) screening
- Carotid Artery Disease screening (Stroke)
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) screening
The total price for ALL three exams is only $100.00, which includes a report by a board certified Cincinnati vascular surgeon! No physician’s order is required. Gain peace of mind and schedule your screening today!
Is A Physician's Order Needed?
How Is The Screening Performed?
The exam consists of three screenings together lasting approximately 30 minutes, which are painless. We use ultrasound technology to perform the exams. The three non-invasive tests include:
- Ultrasound of the abdominal aorta
- Ultrasound of the carotid arteries in the neck
- Ankle brachial index (blood pressure cuffs on the arms and legs)
All exams are performed by registered vascular technologists. A board certified vascular surgeon will review your results. A preliminary report will be provided the day of your screening with a full report within 48 hours.
Risk Factors For Vascular Disease
You should consider a vascular screening if you have any of the following risk factors:
- Age (50 years or older)
- Family history for vascular disease
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Prior heart attach or bypass operation
Signs and Symptoms of Vascular Disease
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
- Usually has no symptoms and often referred to as a "silent killer"
Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)
- Discoloration of foot
- Marked decrease in temperature of lower leg or foot especially compared to other foot or leg
- Painful cramping in hips, thighs or calves when walking, climbing stairs or exercising, usually pain stops when activity stops
- Numbness, weakness of face, arm or leg - often only on one side of the body
- Sudden confusion or trouble speaking
- Sudden difficulty walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Trouble seeing in one or both eyes